вторник, 24 март 2009 г.

Old forest - nano project

I have started this set up 3 months ago:

Tank: 20x20x20cm - 8l
Lighting: PL-L 11W 6000K for 8h
Substrat: Earthworm castings as a base and sand
Flora: Riccia, Mayaca Vendeli, small pinch of HC(survived from the last scape), Hemianthus micranthemoides.
Fauna: Some red cherry.
Fertilizers: AquaGo Green liquid fertilizer, Glutaraldehyde 0,2 ml per day.
Filter: hanging up filter
Water changes: 50 % per week

The begining:




First attempt planting:



Birds eye view:



For mesh I'm using a bath mesh sponge of this kind:



The tank flooded:




After replanting and adding HM:





The Riccia pearling:



In this early stage I was supplying the nano tank with CO2 through adding soda water. This idea I got from one set up of Oliver Knot. It seems quite unconventional, but it has worked for some time. After a discussion on the UKAPS I have checked the water parameters:
Tank water: KH 7
Tab water: KH 2
Soda water: KH 9
The conclusion is, that the soda water affects the KH and maybe the Ph, I dont have tests right now.
I suppose this affect the development of the plants, particularly the hemianthus. Also when I do water changes, this will be a stress for both plants and shrimps.
So I decided to supply CO2 by Glutaraldehyde.

Then problem with the riccia occurred:


It has became whitish.
I have got to the conclusion that the reason was the incompatibility of the Riccia with the Glutaraldehyde.
Here some pictures with different background:






Not very successful attempt for sunset :)



After reducing the dosage of the Glutaraldehyde it has recovered, but the other plants reduced their growth rate. Also the riccia was growing out of control, I have decided to remove it and leave the HC to take over.
I have concidered a lot of patience needed for this purpose.
Soon some pictures will be loaded!

After spending sometime waiting for the HC to fill in, I have decided to make some little changes to the scape and this is what I came with:



I'm planning of planting some Hydrocotyle verticillata in the middle to create a nice transition between foreground and background.

Here I have tried to achieve an dept of the scape:



I have also introduced 3 Boraras Brigittae, which are wonderful small fishes, ideal for a nano tank!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар